Greetings Little Atelier families,
How are you guys doing these past two weeks?! Have you been trying/enjoying the activities that we have been sending out? (I hope so! Haha 😂). I wish you and your family continuous good health and safety as we all are trying to get through this crazy time!
As spring time is coming upon us, I'm reminded of the flowers that are starting to sprout up from the ground. For this activity, it's a cool experiment for children to watch flowers "blossom/bloom" right in front of their eyes! This experiment is very simple, only involving few materials.
1. Search/draw out some flower templates with petals that suits you.
2. Have children color/decorate the flower templates as they wish; let their creativity shine!
3. Cut out the flower templates. (If children are eager to cut their own, let them! It's a great way for them to practice their scissor skills and hand strength!)
4. After it's cut, fold the petals into the center. Note: Make sure not to fold/crease it tight as that will cause the petals not to open as easily.
5. You can even add in a surprise inside as well, by adding in extra paper in the middle of the flower.
5. Fill your container with a few inches of water.
6. Place the flowers in the container and watch them "bloom!"
I hope this simple but fun experiment can bring some spring time vibes into your household! If the weather permits, you can even bring this activity to your backyard/balcony and enjoy some sunshine! I miss all the children and their families so much and am thinking of and about them every single day! 🙂
We are the teachers of Little Atelier. We love to share our fun days, meaningful plays, and memories with you!