In this school year for art, we are exploring the elements of art (lines, shapes, colors & Textures). We started shapes this week and making pizza was a perfect activity because children know well about it and they love to pretend cooking in dramatic play.
- Brown pizza crust : Big circle brown construction paper
- Tomato sauce : smaller white circle (to paint tomato sauce)
- Tomato sauce mixture : red paint + Elmer's glue (this mixture was helpful to prevent messiness)
- Pepperoni toppings : small circle shapes in red, orange or pink
- Broccoli toppings : triangle shapes in green
- Cheese toppings : narrow rectangle shapes in yellow
The children painted "tomato sauce", put it on the crust, and added toppings they'd like!
I loved how the children enjoyed each step and they were engaged in the process!
What a fun summer time we had! Enjoy our slide show!
We are the teachers of Little Atelier. We love to share our fun days, meaningful plays, and memories with you!