In this school year for art, we are exploring the elements of art (lines, shapes, colors & Textures). We started shapes this week and making pizza was a perfect activity because children know well about it and they love to pretend cooking in dramatic play.
- Brown pizza crust : Big circle brown construction paper
- Tomato sauce : smaller white circle (to paint tomato sauce)
- Tomato sauce mixture : red paint + Elmer's glue (this mixture was helpful to prevent messiness)
- Pepperoni toppings : small circle shapes in red, orange or pink
- Broccoli toppings : triangle shapes in green
- Cheese toppings : narrow rectangle shapes in yellow
The children painted "tomato sauce", put it on the crust, and added toppings they'd like!
I loved how the children enjoyed each step and they were engaged in the process!
We are the teachers of Little Atelier. We love to share our fun days, meaningful plays, and memories with you!